As we kick off a brand new school year, I want to give a big thanks to our PTA for all they did last year, not only for the family events they organize so well, but for the contribution of over $37,000 last school year to support the students and teachers at Dawson Elementary. The positive effects can be see far and wide across the entire school.
These contributions included:
- $10,000 for new playground equipment
- $10,000 for in-school learning activities such as visits from the Discovery Museum and Museum of Science, Math Night, and anti-bullying programs
- $8,000 to buy 30 new Chromebook laptops for classroom use
- $6,000 to support individual classroom needs such as stand up desks, additional library books, and other needed materials.
- $3,000 towards field trips to help offset some of the cost of these field trips for students
- Countless hours of volunteer time to organize and lead so many of these activities!
I want to personally thank all of you that have supported the PTA and have supported Dawson through your generous donations of time, talents and resources. We couldn't do this without the awesome support of our Dawson parents and families!
Please consider joining the PTA for the upcoming 2016-17 school year. There are 2 ways you can get more info on where your help is needed:
- The PTA has posted a preliminary schedule of activities for next year on their website atwww.dawsonpta.com, where you can sign up now to help with specific activities for next year.
- The beginning of school year PTA meeting will be on September 13, 2016 at 6:30 pm in the Dawson cafeteria. You can join us at this meeting and review the schedule of planned activities for the entire school year and sign up to lead or help on any of them.
Every member of the Dawson community has something of value to enhance our kids' experiences, and I look forward to working with you in the upcoming year!